Week 2: September 2 - 8, 2018
Week Two? It's all about questions during Question Week in the Holiday Grand Plan.
During this week, we'll continue making lists and planning our holiday. We'll get in touch with our values through important questions.
In the cleaning component, we tackle the living room, decluttering and deep-cleaning to prepare for holiday entertaining.
Ready? Let's get organized with the Holiday Grand Plan!
Cleaning/Organizing Area: Living Room
- Buy extra flour, sugar, shortening, etc.
- Make one extra meal for the freezer labeled HOLIDAY MEAL. This should be large enough to feed the family plus two people.
(Find recipes and ideas for freezer cooking at OrganizedHome.Com's Freezer Cooking Guide.)
- Develop ideas for gifts, decorations.
- Order Christmas cards and address labels.
- For your friends of other religions take the time to find out what their major holiday is and look for an appropriate card to send to them at that time.
- Divide gift responsibilities with other family members.
Ask these questions:
- Do I see Christmas time primarily as a time for entertaining friends and renewing long lost acquaintances or as a time for family?
- How much emphasis do our Christmas activities place on the spiritual side of Christmas?
- How involved is my family in the Christmas preparation?
- What activities are particularly important to our family at Christmas? To myself?
- Why do we observe the traditions we do in our house?
- How important is an elaborately decorated house, homemade gifts or food, to my feelings about Christmas?
- What would my ideal Christmas be like?